As I layed Avery down for her nap, I realized that when she woke up we would have a new President. Avery slept through history as our country gave the Presidential oath of office to our first Black President. I have so many mixed emotions as I watched the Inauguration, that of hope and sorrow, joy and sadness, and awe. I feel excited that our country has elected a Black man but sad that the man stands for things I don't believe. I watched today knowing that I was watching history. I want to be hopeful for this young family man to come into office and make moral changes but fearful that the changes may not all be moral. I pray for President Obama's safety and for his presence of mind. I know that Psalms tells us that just as a river flows in one direction that God also directs the heart of the King. I pray for our unborn that God will soften the heart of the President and not make abortions easier. I look at my own daughter and can still feel her moving and growing. I pray for our former President Bush that God will bless him and his family for all the service given to our nation.
Sleeping through history, and not even aware. I remember watching President George H. Bush sware in and Clinton, and George W and now President Obama. I contemplated waking Avery up to be a part of this historical moment but knew she will not remember as I will.
Dear God, President Obama now takes the role of President of the United States. I pray for safetly for him, his wife, and his daughters. I pray that you will direct his heart and give him wisdom and courage to be a man of integrity, honesty, and protector of life. As our Commander in Chief, I pray that you will give him an understanding of war and peace and to ALWAYS protect Israel. I pray that he will see the importance of protecting your people. May he be a friend of nations...but a friend to only those who carry the burden for fighting for Israel. Lord, we give you this country. For you are the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords and this is no task you are not prepared for. You are not surprised or worried or fearful but you see a bigger picture that we may not see. We commit our President into your Hands and commit our country into your Hands. For you are God. Thank you for hearing our prayers and giving us peace that you have everything under control. Amen and so be it.
Tuesday, January 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment