Sunday, September 14, 2008

Happy Half Birthday Avery!!!

My sweet little baby is 6 months old today, September 14, 2008. I can't believe she is a half a year old. She is growing so fast and learning so much. She used to look at her wrists a lot and hold them up to us for us to see but hasn't done that in awhile. But, this week she's started looking at her hand, examining every inch of it. It is funny to watch her turn her hand back and forth staring in amazement of its existence. I have also seen her take her hand and rub it across a soft pillow or toy, amazed by the sensations. She eats her baby food in her high chair and when you put her in it, she starts to smack her lips. Sometimes when she's eating her food, especially the fruits, she says, "hmmm." It's a quiet and precious little noise. She is sitting up for a minute or two independently. She is getting so much better at it. Each time she seems to be better and better. She really plays with her toys. I don't rattle them in her face and put them in her hand anymore. She sits up with assistance and picks them up and shakes them herself and is really learning to play and interact with her environment. She is so funny...Chris and I think she'll be a ham because of how fun she is now. I am so content with her, I wish I could have a hundred just like her.

No comments: