Friday, September 5, 2008

Lunch at Wilbur's BBQ

Aunt Teresa came for a visit this past week and met Avery for the first time. Avery really liked her and Aunt Teresa enjoyed holding her. It was funny because I always see Aunt Teresa as so composed and quiet but you get her around a baby and she's silly. She talked and talked to Avery and played with her. She makes a great Aunt but I know she will make an even better grandma (no pressure Jill). It was heartwarming to see them together.
We ate at Wilburs for lunch. When I called on Friday morning, Grandma answered and said Aunt Teresa was in the shower. I said what are you doing today and Grandma said "we are going to Wilbur's for lunch, you want to come?" I said yeah that we didn't have plans and Wilbur's would be good. When Aunt Teresa called back she said, "Grandma said you want us to go eat lunch with you at Wilburs." I started laughing and told her that Grandma invited us out and she laughed and said that Grandma made it sound like we invited them out. It all worked out and Grandma got to have Wilbur's. We had a good time.
Aunt Frances went too. After lunch, Aunt Teresa had to take Grandma to a doctor's appointment. We offered to take Aunt Frances home but we had the truck. We were getting up from the table and Grandma said that Aunt Frances would not be able to get into the truck and Aunt Frances heard her and cut back and said, "I can too get in that truck." She did, with Chris's help. I laughed when she refused to let anyone say she couldn't do something.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: