Tuesday, July 8, 2008
Bottle in the Bath
Working the weekend isn't easy for any of us. I don't get much sleep the first night and usually up almost 24 hrs by the time I go to sleep on Sunday morning. It's hard to miss the evening time with Avery but it gives Chris a chance to spend time with her. It is still a transition for us all. Avery is used to me giving her a bath, then nursing her, and then to her crib she goes for the night. When I work the weekend, Chris does her night time routine. She loves her daddy but is very used to me because I am with her all day every day. Chris has found that it has been a little hard to get Avery to sleep in the evenings. She realizes she has to take a bottle and that I am not rocking her. Well, she cries... babies do that and Avery is no exception. I mentioned to Chris that if he does a bath and the bottle that it would be close to her routine. He took that literally. Avery loves to take a bath, hardly ever cries in one and usually will stop her from crying. Chris was trying to give her a bottle and she wouldn't take it...then he had an a-ha moment. He put her in the bath and gave her a bottle in the bath. He tried first Saturday night and it worked. She kicked and splashed and drank her bottle. He tried again Sunday night and it worked again. She loves her bath and now she loves to eat in her bath. I couldn't believe he thought of it, but whatever works is what matters most.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
I love it!! You go Chris!
That is hysterical Chris! What a daddy thing to do! It was so good to see you guys...Avery is a doll!
Post a Comment