Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Mike and Jill visit


Mike and Jill c are here from New York to visit. They met Avery for the first time today. We all went to Shannon's house for dinner and while we were waiting, Jill andI went out for a bike ride. Jill said that it was so weird thinking of me having a child. She said it seemed so normal for Michelle to have kids (her oldest is now 13) and Shannon to have kids. She said this was the first visit that she wasn't meeting a new kid of Shannon's. Last year she met Drew for the first time. She said this year it was just different knowing she would meet my kid. I told her that it was strange to realize that I am a mom. I am so glad that I am not just babysitting Avery. I look at her and always think, "I am so glad that this is your home and I get to keep you." I am very thankful to be with her everyday. She is my special first born child. While Aunt Shannon was holding my first born daughter, I grabbed Lindsey into my lap and held her first born daughter. It was very surreal for me as I realized that I am a mom. They grow so fast though. I want to remember everything and imprint in my mind what it's like to hold my little 4 month old. I will try to post pictures of Jill and Mike tomorrow. We see them for dinner again and I realize I didn't get any pictures of Mike. He was a little nervous about holding Avery. He said he didn't want to break her. It was very cute to watch Mike and Jill with Avery.
Posted by Picasa

No comments: