Tuesday, July 29, 2008
Sweet moments in the Night
Avery has been great at sleeping through the night since 8-9 weeks old. Then all of a sudden about 2 weeks ago, she decided that she needed to have 3 am feedings again. A couple of times she was up more than once at night. It was really draining me, to say the least. I have felt so tired all the time. I even tried rice cereal in a bottle of pumped milk a few hours before bedtime, thinking she wasn't getting enough from nursing. That only made her cranky and irritable, that was a couple of days ago. Then last night she woke up at 4:30 am and I gave her the pacifier and that seemed to do it until 5 am. So, when she started to get a little more fussy, I pulled myself up and dragged myself to get her. At least 5 am is better than 2 or 3 am, right. I changed her diaper and headed into to the living room to nurse. She ate pretty good and I sat in the rocker to get her back to sleep. She sat there for 10 min just softly cooing and humming. She yawned and I yawned. I gave her the pacifier and she looked up at me with sweet adoring eyes. Then I softly stroked her face and she nestled in close to me and closed her eyes. Then it hit me, I love this sweet moment. No tv, no phone, no talking... just me and my sweet baby. She peacefully fell asleep in my arms. And I realized that I wouldn't trade that moment for all the sleep in the world.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Mandy,
How sweet that time is. Kiss her and hug her for me.
Post a Comment